Cook- Bavarian Meadows
- Part Time
Bavarian Meadows Senior Living
Remsen, IA 51050, US
- Salary Range
- 12.50 - 16
- More Information
We are a very sought-after senior living community in Remsen, IA. We pride ourselves on offering an exceptional dining experience to our tenants. We are interviewing for a 25+ hour per week Cook position. Our cooks receive support from our Dietary Supervisor as well as our Corporate Chef Consultant. We offer a competitive starting wage & flexible schedule.
Job Summary: The cook will assist in the operation of the kitchen, dining room, dish room, and related spaces. This position will also, substitute for the dietary manager when they are not on-site and have the overall responsibility for operating the dietary department in a quality manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare food and assist in serving in the dining room.
- Wash dishes.
- Clean kitchen and dining room.
- Follow cleaning schedule.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment, as required.
- Use proper body mechanics for lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Report unsafe conditions to the Dietary Manager and/or Director.
- Maintain sanitation in all areas.
- Fill in, as needed or requested.
- Respond to smoke and fire alarm systems.
- Comply with regulations regarding hair covering and hand protection during food preparation.
- Answer the telephone promptly and courteously.
- Attend all staff in-services or mandatory meetings.
- Attend food service meetings.
- Complete work orders when maintenance needs arise.
- Perform cleaning duties, as assigned.
- Prepare dining room for meals.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer.